Where did you meet the love of your life? Were you high school sweethearts who met and dated through most of your high school years? Did you meet because a mutual friend set you up on a date? Or, in a more modern era did you meet online while playing cribbage together for many months? Sometimes you just never know where you will find that special someone who you decide to spend the rest of your life with.
In today’s more complicated and busy world, many people still meet through school, through work, and through mutual friends. Others, however, have found that online dating sites are the quickest way to find both happiness and companionship.
Not surprisingly, online dating sites have found that many people who meet their match on the internet still look for the same important things when they are first getting started. For instance, 30% of survey participants think personality is more important than anything else on a first date. About 23% of people thought smile and looks were important, and 14% thought sense of humor was the most important. The smallest percentage, 10%, thought career and education should be the most important part about what you learn form someone on a first date. The most effective online dating sites find a way to help participants share these important factors with other interested participants. They create a list of questions for their interested daters to answer, and opportunities for video sharing that helps demonstrate personality and humor.
Consider the following online dating website statistics:
- 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone they met through a dating site or app.
- 59% of all internet users agree with the statement, “Online dating is a good way to meet people.”
- 53% of internet users agree with the statement, “Online dating allows people to find a better match for themselves because they have the opportunity to meet a lot more people.”
- 42% of all Americans know an online dater.
- 29% know someone who has used online dating to find a spouse or other long-term relationship.
- 23% of online daters say they met a spouse or long term relationship through dating sites.
The safest online dating sites provide confidentiality and are operated professionally. What are you waiting for? Maybe it is time you check out the new dating website and see if you can find the person of your dreams!